December 28, 2013

ND filter on the cheap!

Following a tutorial I found on the web, I bought a Welding glass from a hardware shop and drove to my favorite 'waterfalls', the Dummugudem Irrigation project!

I secured the glass to the lens with a piece of Insulation tape and covered it with a piece of cloth to reduce light leaks.



Being the Bum that I am, I forgot to carry my Tripod and had to place the camera on rocks. I had a hard time finding good spots and managed to scratch the camera in a couple of places.

I used a shutter speed of about 30 seconds at f8 and above.

The results were very pleasing though:




I compensated for the green cast by adjusting the curves on Photoshop.

The results look best on Black and white though. Will experiment more on my upcoming trip to Marredmilli.



No comments: