July 24, 2018

Distress no-sale

I posted the following status on facebook two days ago:

"
Distress Sale
All the items are in great condition and being sold at throwaway prices. More details will be shared via inbox
1 - Nokia Lumia 830 - Windows phone. Great condition, with box(No accessories).
2 - Benq 21.5 inch Monitor - Full HD panel
3 - HP Slate 7 HD 7 inch Tablet (Withdrawn)
4 - Micromax 10 inch Tablet
5 - Fujifilm X10 Retro Point and shoot camera (SOLD)
6 - Epson T13 Printer - Needs cartridges
7 - Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (tentative)
8 - Hercules DJ Instinct S series Console
9 - UNIC UC40 Projector
Coming Soon (September)
10 - Honda CBR 150R Motorcycle
11 - Sony A77 Body and 3 lenses
Reason for sale - I was stupid. Now I'm broke.Feel free to message for more details. Cheers.
"
The point of the exercise was to make some money off things I don't use and help recover my broke-ass salary account. I managed to sell just one item so far. JUST ONE.

Some things I have learnt (will keep updating this list):

- I was better off selling on olx. Turns out my friends are bigger low ballers, with more tantrums
- It's easy to impulse purchase and stockpile on stuff you don't need
- Electronics depreciate like butter on a hot pan

A couple of friends did send in messages asking if I needed help. I'm fortunate to have some people who still care. God bless them. 

No comments: