January 14, 2012

Sands of time



"Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives"

I've been meaning to do this for weeks. After the sweetest Santa ever left this wonderful gift at my desk, I was left staring at it for hours together. I had to take some pictures of this beauty! The purple sand slowly flowing through the glass, the nostalgia of old school tales and Disney and the more recent installment of Prince of Persia, hourglasses have a special place in culture.

It is perhaps the most thoughtful gift I ever got. A solid wood enclosure around perfectly moulded glass. The crystalline purple sand(resin maybe) is absolutely beautiful.  It takes two full minutes to flow down into the lower glass. Mighty useful for many tasks.

Why Nadia chose it:

"The enclosure signifies my passion in Design - simple and minimalistic. And the purple sand is for trance!"  Woah!

 

















Trust no Future, howe'er pleasant !
Let the dead Past bury its dead !
Act,— act in the living Present !
Heart within, and God o'erhead !

Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time ;

Thank you once again Nadia. This hourglass is now a permanent fixture at my desk. Forever.

No comments: