October 7, 2011

Battery woes, work and trance



After a long, tiring and mostly depressing month of September, October started on an optimistic note. I cannot discuss office life here without turning a few heads(and a few offshore) so I'll just keep it short.

I mentioned in my earlier post, the NP 500 battery on my Sony died on me last month and gave some really frustrating moments...it would flicker out at such alarming regularity and timing I missed some really great shots at Maredmilli. And perhaps for the first time ever, my own blog came to the rescue! I deep froze the battery for about a week before charging it for a full two days and tada! It's back to normal! I am double convinced this method works! It's giving at least 10 flash shots for 1/100th of charge...remarkable.



It took 3 days to blow my salary. I bought a refrigerator and a pair of Sony headphones...the latter just another addition to my useless and regrettable purchases.

The shiny packaging, the overly friendly sales guy and the image of my patch tape covered Philips earphones back home convinced me into buying these cans. I thought I'd give it a glowing review...white box pictures and all. It's just not worth it...the base is flat and trance just sounds lame. And what's with the low volume?
Ironic considering Sony means 'SOUND'






Back at office, I am being called the next "ghajini' with the number of post it notes I've put up at my desk. Call me whatever, I think they help. I even put up a stack of them in the drawer for easy accessibility...in four colors! Miss the usual yellow though.



Now that my PC has replaced the defunct Acer laptop at my brother's place, I'm making do with my  work laptop with the extended Benq 22 incher. I must say working and playing movies on a dual screen setup is very very addictive.




And oh, I woke up to the new of Steve Jobs' death. As Obama so rightly put it, the fact that most people got the news of his passing on the devices he had pioneered was a testimony to the impact he had on technology and this generation.




CEED is coming and I'm yet to fill in the application! Now that I have a job, maybe I can finally look forward to getting a case of Prismacolors for myself.Some random sketches from my (very rare) spare time at office.






Moonbeam is on a roll. Their latest album is in word- awesome. The synths are enchanting and the beats groovy. I can't post link to downloads here but they're all up there on youtube here: Cocoon is a good place to start




And yes- I'm running out of ideas for blog posts...no time.

No comments: