November 2, 2009

Road safety plz

Update: Just got the news. That kid didn't make it. Apparently he was returning home from college on his bike when a stray dog came out of nowhere and he fell trying to avoid hitting it. Poor kid died on the spot. Sad.

Morning:
Having no idea where to get material for study I looked up "pervsive computing" on wikipedia. No problems with IS as I already had a couple of books for prep.
After a quick breakfast at the canteen, headed straight to ECE staff room to get my ES record corrected. Ma'am gave me a look that suggested 'Get the F out' and gruffly told me to meet the HOD coz she hadn't seen me in a while(never actually).
Wrote my ACC exam with whatever I remembered from the aforementioned wikipedia article. Went to ECE lab again. This time got a real badass warning so I ran straight to the HOD's office. After a very brief but interesting exchange of words with Sir and some staff bloke who was acting smart, I got my permission. Everything went smoothly from then on. Ma'am corrected my Record and notes and even arranged a Re-exam for the Lab test I'd missed last week.

Afternoon:
After lunch, wrote my IS rather well thanks to my study yesterday.
Witnessed a rather depressing scene today. At Moinabad on the way back from college I could see a crowd had gathered a little ahead. To the side of the road lay a Student, face down. There was a helmet a little further. He was still wearing his bag! In all the commotion, all I could see was a fairly ghastly scratch on his midriff. There was no blood though. Maybe he was dead. maybe not. But the scene wrenched my stomach. Everyone was just watching. Bad bad world.

No comments: